5 WAYS TO PREVENT YOUR TEETH FROM TURNING YELLOW REVEALED
Nothing spoils a beautiful smile quite like stained, yellow teeth. There are many everyday mistakes which cause this common yet unsightly dental damage. Preventative measures are essential to maintaining pearly white teeth.
Elleven Dental Wellness is one of London’s leading dental practices, renowned for our unparalleled multi-disciplinary service that ensures high-quality, end-to-end patient care. Here, we’re discussing ways to prevent yellow teeth.
- Reduce drinks which stain – protect your smile by limiting the consumption of coffee, tea, and red wine. Consider sipping your morning coffee or Friday night glass of wine through a paper straw to bypass your teeth.
- Rinse after every meal – rinsing after each meal will loosen food residue from your teeth and prevent the enamel from becoming stained.
- Brush gently twice a day – gently does it when it comes to oral health. Aggressive brushing can erode tooth enamel, with consistently hard scrubbing exposing the dentin, leading to a darker-looking set of teeth. Consider visiting a hygienist as they can provide you with top oral care tips as well as look out for any current problems you may have.
- Use whitening toothpaste – with modern whitening toothpastes favouring peroxides over abrasives, your teeth receive a gentler cleanse which is finished with temporary whitening properties. For more permanent and powerful whitening results, however, professional whitening is the way to go.
- Chew whitening foods – opt for foods which strip away stains. Munching carrots, apples and cherries will aid in scrubbing away excess stains, with the slightly acidic nature of apples being the perfect combatant to coffee stains.
For more top dental tips and tricks, be sure to check out the rest of our blog. Or if you’re ready to create the smile of your dreams, get in touch with our award-winning, full-service dental team today.